Young Living

I Treated My Painful Tendonitis with Young Living Essential Oils and Supplements

De-Quervain's-TenosynovitisLet’s talk about Tendonitis.  If any of you have had that diagnosis you know it is painful and difficult to get rid of.  Tendonitis simply means inflammation of the tendon.  One of the reasons it is so difficult to get rid of is because usually the tendon that is affected is used repeatedly.  That repetition aggravates the inflammation.

I have been struggling with tendonitis in my right thumb.  The pain runs up the thumb side of my arm into my wrist (radial side).  The diagnosis is called De Quervain.  My numb will often get stuck when I stretch my fingers to wide and the pain often wakes me up at night most generally because of the position of my hand.  Repeatedly using my cell phone and computer throughout the day does not help the situation.  Thankfully after 3 months of treatment I can say that my pain is gone.  You ask “How did you get rid of it?”    I am glad you asked!sulfurzyme

Number one!  I take Young Living product called Sulfurzyme.  Sulfurzyme combines wolfberry with MSM, a naturally occurring organic form of dietary sulfur needed by our bodies. (Don’t confuse this sulfur with the Sulfonamide or sulfa that is in antibiotics.) Sulfurzyme acts as a pain reliever and reduces inflammation.   The Wolfberry that is added helps the body to use the MSM down deep in our cells.

deep reliefNumber two!  I used essential oils 5 to 6 times per day to help reduce inflammation and pain.  The essential oils I found to be most effective are: Wintergreen followed by Peppermint, Panaway, Oregano that I combine with olive oil, and Deep Relief.  Use one essential oil mentioned above and the next time apply  something different so you are not using the same essential oil every time.  Again,  I did this 5 to 6 times per day.   There were times I would feel great and then I would forget to apply the essential oils.  That is when I took two steps back and would again have pain.  KEEP IT UP!  This last time I used the essential oils 5 to 6 times per day until my pain was completely gone for a week.  Now I use them a couple a times a day to prevent any problems.

As far as the Sulfurzyme goes…I will always take my Sulfurzyme.  Why?  I want to keep inflammation down in all areas of my body and it is a mineral that our food sources are depleted in so I supplement my diet with Sulfurzyme faithfully.

Posted on August 11th, 2013

10 Responses

1. vicki says:

The way I understand it is that you combined each essential oil with olive oil and deep relief separately and then applied each about once a day.

• lbolin says:

Vicki, to clarify I was applying one to two drops of an essential oil as often as needed for my pain. I used Wintergreen and Peppermint together but I would layer first the Wintergreen to the affected area then follow it with Peppermint. I used both of those oils neat meaning I did not use a carrier oil such as olive oil. In another application later in the day I would apply either Panaway which I also applied neat, Deep Relief which has a carrier oil all ready in this blend, then Oregano. Oregano I combined with olive oil because it is a “hot” oil and could be irritating if I did not use it with a carrier oil. I would dilute the essential oil 50:50 with the olive oil. It’s not really that precise…if it feels too hot just add more olive oil. The number of times each day I applied these oils depended on my symptoms. My motto is the best oil to use is the one I have available so I may have used one oil more often than another because it was available or maybe it was providing the best relief for me!

2. vicki says:

also what is the ratio of essential oil to olive oil

3. Deb says:

Can you tell me which of the oils you applied were for treating pain, and which were for helping the tendonitis?

Thank you!

4. Vejay says:

Thanks for this cure. I was suffering from swimmer’s elbow. Mild pain in the tendon of both arms. I added some lemon grass oil with virgin olive oil, massaged around the pain area, and it has subsided.

5. Rose says:

My son (a builder ) ! has tendonitis in both arms which is causing much pain. I will give him the oils but I always thought (when doing classes) in aromatherapy that wintergreen was TOXIC internally AND externally.??
    Where can I buy the sulpherzyme from please? Good article. Will let you know how he goes. Thank you!

• lbolin says:

Wintergreen is the most commonly adulterated oil. It is commonly made out of synthetic chemicals rather than from actual wintergreen plant. So for that reason MOST wintergreen is toxic. When I speak of using essential oils I am only speaking of Young Living Essential Oils. There are many things that manufactures/essential oil companies do to adulterate essential oils and I can explain these to you. You can purchase Young Living Essential Oils and Sulfurzyme from Young Living. I can assist you in receiving a 24% discount. My Young Living member number is 1047023.

6. Rose says:

Thank you for that its very kind of you. I will contact my son and make sure that if I go to the trouble of ordering etc he will actually USE the oils. I do have all the mentioned oils but will look to buying him the Young living Essential oils. In the past he has just raised his eyes to heaven when I offer advise re essential oils and healing. He is in a bit of pain so hopefully he will at least try them and see. .